March 25, 2013
TUCSON, Ariz. – The University of Arizona men’s golf team competed in the first and second rounds of the Duck Invitational in Eugene, Ore. at Eugene Country Club today. The Wildcats posted a first round score of 298, and a second round score of 307 to give them a 605 (+29). Arizona sits in 13th place after the first day.
The host school Oregon Ducks sit atop the leader board after the first two rounds by firing a combined score of 567 (-9). The Ducks were lead by Jonathan Woo, who also sits atop the leader board after day one. Woo finished the day at eight strokes under par (136).
Individually for the Wildcats, Trent Redfern posted the lowest score. Redfern finished the day with a 150 (+6), and sits in a tie for 50th.
Erik Oja carded a 151 (+7) for the day, earning a tie for 54th. Alex McMahon finished with a 152 (+8) and is in a tie for 59th place. Dylan Kornberg carded a 154 (+10), and senior Juan Pablo Hernandez finished with a 156 (+12) for the first two rounds.
The third round of the Duck Invitational will take place tomorrow morning with the first tee time at 8:30 PST. For live results of the tournament, visit www.golfstat.com. For complete results and further coverage of the University of Arizona men’s golf team, go to www.ArizonaWildcats.com.
1. Oregon; 282-285=567 (-9)
2. SMU; 289-285=574 (-2)
3. Washington; 288-288=576 (E)
4. Saint Mary’s; 295-286=581 (+5)
4. Oregon State; 294-287=581 (+2)
1. Jonathan Woo, Oregon; 67-69=136 (-8)
2. Louis Cohen Boyer, Wichita State; 68-69=137 (-7)
3. Cody Blick, San Jose State; 71-67=138 (-6)
4. Jarrett Foote, Washington State; 70-69=139 (-5)
5. Charlie Hughes, Washington; 69-71=140 (-4)
5. Cheng-Tsung Pan, Washington; 70-70=140 (-4)