Sonoran Gymnastics Camp
July 6-10, 2014
Welcome everyone to our 15th year of camp. We are very excited to be hosting all of you and the following letter will outline information regarding pick up/drop off, parking, schedules, meals, resident information, and staffing.
- Sunday July 6 - Commuter - Camper check-in will take place at the Mary Roby Gymnastics Training Center at 12 noon. Please allow yourself extra time to park and get to the gym and bring the enclosed skill evaluation sheet so we can have an early idea about what your daughter would like to work on. Each camper should bring the proper workout gear, something to wear to lunch, and footwear. We will not provide grips to campers, so make sure to bring those too. Please do not bring any soda, candy, or gum into the gym. Water bottles are OK. There is also a cold water fountain in the gym and there will be a Gatorade station outside. You may pick up your daughter at 5:15 on Sunday.
* Lunch will not be served on Sunday so please make sure your daughter has had something to eat and is ready to do gymnastics. We will have snacks in the gym that day for campers
Resident Campers - Check in will take place at the residence dorm (TBD) at 11:30am. There will be two campers in a room per the fire code, and please remember to bring only things you will need for camp. Campers will need to bring bedding, workout gear, towels, swimsuit, and other necessities. The room will have wireless internet, and a refrigerator so feel free to bring water or snacks for your kids. Also candy and sweets are a great way to keep the staff happy. Only parents/legal guardians are able to visit their children in the dorms or check them out – no exceptions. We must have notice prior to your visit so please notify the staff if you are going to do this. This year again, we will have a room decorating contest with an “Arizona Theme” so show your spirit and colors and make your room stand out.
- Weekly schedule - Commuter - You will need to drop off your daughter by 9:15am at the Mary Roby Gymnastics Training Facility and sign her into camp. Four rotations will take place in the morning and then three in the afternoon. You may pick your daughter up at 5:15pm and sign her out. For those of you that will be carpooling you will have to let me know whose children you will be signing out and on which day.
- Meals - Resident campers will be provided with three meals per day and two meals will be catered at the dorm. A bagged lunch will served in Mckale for all campers and the menu will change daily. You are also free to bring your own lunch if you wish.
- Parents Meeting - There will be a parents meeting at 1pm in the McKale Center classroom. At this time I will go over camp information and answer all of your questions. Please try and attend but if you cannot most of the information is provided in this letter. And as always, feel free to call / email me with any specific questions regarding camp or your daughter.
- Enrollment and Staffing –We will have a staff of 7-8 in the dorm and the dorm also provides an employee at the front desk. You cannot enter the dorm without a key or code. Staff will set curfews and wake up times for the week and campers are not allowed to leave the dorm by themselves. We pride ourselves on providing your kids with the best instruction and once again we will have 7 groups with 2-3 coaches per group on most events.
- Roommates and Groups - If you indicated to me a roommate for your child I will put her with that person. If you have not I will try my best to match her with someone close to her own age. On Sunday the gym groups will be based on the skill level you indicated with your registration and then we will add in the skills evaluation form to finalize the groups. Please trust us to put your child in the right place. If you have a “Be with a friend” request, please email or call those to me and I will try to accommodate you.
- Parking – Resident Dorm – Hopi Hall is located at 1440 E. Fourth Street (behind library & north of stadium) on campus. Since check in is on a Sunday I am not anticipating any issue with parking. However, please make sure you adhere to campus parking/driving rules while on campus. Please map quest your directions.
- Parking Commuters - The gym is located next to the pool and behind the McKale Center. Parking will be available in Cherry Garage (pay lot), and all the meters outside of McKale. Once you get to McKale proceed to the front of the Hall of Champions and there will be a walkway that will take you down to the gym. When picking up your kids the same lots will be available, Cherry Garage is the easiest to use along with the meters. I cannot help you if you get a ticket. The outside lots are free after 5 pm and on Sunday.
- Camp Gear – Exclusive GymCat camp clothes will be available for purchase at camp. They will be sold on a first-come first-serve basis after the parents meeting and before and after camp throughout the week. We only take cash and checks for purchase. We will have leos this year!!!!!!
- Open Gym – TBD
- Sports Medicine- We will have a first aid responder in the gym for camp. She/He is there to handle medical emergencies and injuries that pertain to camp. If your child has a pre existing injury, or is taking certain medications that we need to be aware of please relay that information to us. Please send in your medical form if you have not done so. Your child cannot participate in camp until I have it – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Thursday July 10- This day will be our last day of camp. The morning schedule will remain the same and we will shorten the last two rotations to accommodate our 3:30 pm showcase. During that time we will hand out our camp awards and they will perform the dance from their dance class. After the showcase our commuters are free to go and our resident campers will return to the dorm with the staff to check out. All rooms must be clean before campers check out.
Directions – TO GYM
From North – Oracle (S), (E) on Ina, (S) on Campbell, make (R) on Enke Dr.
From East - (W) on Speedway, (L) on Campbell, (R) on Enke Dr.
From South – Valencia Dr. to Campbell, go through 6th St intersection and make left onto Enke. Dr.
From I10 North or South – exit 257, (east on Speedway, (R) onto Campbell, (R) onto Enke Dr.
YOUR FINAL TUITION PAYMENTS WERE DUE ON June 15, 2012. A LATE CHARGE OF 25.00 WILL BE APPLILED TO ALL PAYMENTS POST MARKED AFTER THIS DATE.
Again, we are looking forward to hosting all of you at camp and if you have questions or concerns don’t hesitate to give me a call or email me. See you all in a few weeks.
John Court - firstname.lastname@example.org