May 18, 2013
TUCSON, Ariz. - The University of Arizona men's golf team competed in the third and final round of the 2013 NCAA Tempe Regional today. The event is taking place in Tempe, Ariz. at ASU Karsten Golf Course, a par-70, 7,036-yard course. The Wildcats posted a third round score of 291, giving them a total score of 859 (+19) for the tournament. Arizona finished the event in a tie for 12th place.
The Bruins of UCLA finished the tournament with a score of 810 (-30), giving them the victory by 17 strokes over Georgia and UCF. UCLA, Georgia, UCF, Texas A&M, and Arizona State each earned a bid at the NCAA Championships at the Capital City Club Crabapple Course in Atlanta, Ga., which will begin on May 28th.
UCF's Greg Eason maintained his lead by earning the individual victory with a score of 198 (-12). He finished four shots ahead of teammate Ricardo Gouveia and UCLA's Jonathan Garrick who each posted scores of 202 (-8). Austin Peay State's Dustin Korte qualified individually for the NCAA Championships by finishing in eighth place with a score of 204 (-6).
Erik Oja had the lowest score of any other Wildcat for the event by carding a 208 (-2) over the past three rounds. He finished in a tie for 17th place. Senior Trent Redfern finished the tournament in a tie for 36th place by posting a 213 (+3). Juan Pablo Hernandez carded a 216 (+6) for the tournament, and finished in a tie for 45th place. Alex McMahon finished with a score of 222 (+12), and Brenden Redfern posted a total score of 236 (+26).
For further coverage of the University of Arizona men's golf team, visit www.ArizonaWildcats.com.
1. UCLA; 268-273-269=810 (-30)
2. Georgia; 280-274-273=827 (-13)
2. UCF; 280-272-275=827 (-13)
4. Texas A&M; 280-277-272=829 (-11)
5. Arizona State; 284-274-274=832 (-8)
1. Greg Eason; UCF, 65-63=128 (-12)
2. Jonathan Garrick; UCLA, 69-69-64=202 (-8)
2. Ricardo Gouveia; UCF, 68-66-68=202 (-8)
4. Johannes Veerman; Texas A&M, 67-70-66=203 (-7)
4. Anton Arboleda; UCLA, 67-69-67=203 (-7)
4. Pedro Figueiredo; UCLA, 71-64-68=203 (-7)
4. Lee McCoy; Georgia, 68-67-68=203 (-7)