Arizona's only point came on the singles side in the fifth spot when Perrine Pernin defeated Blue Devil Hillary Adams, 5-7, 6-4 (10-8). The Wildcats also won a match on the doubles side although they did not take the point. Arizona is now 0-6 when it fails to capture the doubles point. Michelle Gough and Sophie Regnier, in the first doubles spot, downed Duke's Megan Miller and Ansley Cargill by a score of 9-8.
Wildcat Laresa Marino lost a three-set match to Blue Devil Kathy Sell, 6-1, 2-6, 5-7. The remaining four singles matches were all won by Duke in straight sets.
Arizona will stay home this week when it faces Southern California on Friday, March 16, at 1:30 p.m., and UCLA on Saturday, March 17, at noon. All home tennis matches are played at the Robson Tennis Center on the University of Arizona campus.
1. Ansley Cargill (Duke) def. Michelle Gough (UA), 6-3, 6-3
2. Amanda Johnson (Duke) def. Debbie Larocque (UA), 6-4, 6-3
3. Megan Miller (Duke) def. Sophie Regnier (UA), 6-1, 6-0
4. Kathy Sell (Duke) def. Laresa Marino (UA), 6-1, 2-6, 5-7
5. Perrine Pernin (UA) def. Hillary Adams (Duke), 5-7, 6-4 (10-8)
6. Prim Siripipat (Duke) def. Joanna Buczkowska (UA), 6-4, 6-0
Doubles (Duke wins doubles point)
1. Gough/Regnier (UA) def. Miller/Cargill (Duke), 9-8
2. Adams/Johnson (Duke) def. Marino/Larocque (UA), 8-3
3. Sell/Katie Granson (Duke) def. Pernin/Taylor (UA), 8-3