The Wildcats earned the doubles point winning two of the three doubles matches. UA's duo of senior Michelle Gough and junior Sophie Regnier clinched the point outlasting UNM's team of junior Courtney Choate and freshman Sandy Lukowski, 8-6, at the No. 1 spot.
Arizona won its singles matches at the top five positions while only dropping a set. In the No.1 match, Gough won her third contest in a row topping New Mexico senior Natalia Alekhova, 6-4, 6-4. Wildcat freshman Debbie Larocque earned her 18th win of the season with a 6-2, 6-0, victory at the No. 2 spot over Lobo freshman Tjasa Suvak. At the No. 5 position, UA freshman Perrine Pernin won a tightly contested match over Choate, 6-7, 7-5, 6-0.
The Lobos point came at the No. 6 singles spot where Lukowski tripped up Arizona junior Brooke Taylor, 6-1, 6-0
Arizona will return to action Saturday, Feb. 24, when it plays host to No. 10 Arizona State at noon MST.
1. Michelle Gough (UA) def. Natalia Alekhova (UNM), 6-4, 6-4
2. Debbie Larocque (UA) def. Tjasa Suvak (UNM), 6-2, 6-0
3. Sophie Regnier (UA) def. Neza Kurnik (UNM), 6-2, 6-2
4. Laresa Marino (UA) def. Nicoleta Spilca (UNM), 6-3, 6-2
5. Perrine Pernin (UA) def. Courtney Choate (UNM), 6-7, 7-5, 6-0
6. Sandy Lukowski (UNM) def. Brooke Taylor (UA), 6-1, 6-0
Doubles (Arizona wins doubles point)
1. Regnier/Gough (UA) def. Choate/Lukowski (UNM), 8-6
2. Alekhova/Suvak (UNM) def. Larocque/Marino (UA), 8-5
3. Pernin/Taylor (UA) def. Kurnik/Spilca (UNM), 8-3