For the fifth time in six contests, UA took control early capturing the doubles point. Arizona's pair of Regnier and senior Michelle Gough outlasted Furman's Megan Dunigan and Meredith Moore, 8-5, at the top doubles position. The Wildcats' other doubles victory came at the No. 3 spot where junior Brooke Taylor and freshman Perrine Pernin cruised to an 8-2 win over Furman's duo of Shellie Cochran and Krista Thomson.
On the singles side, Arizona won five of the six matches. UA freshman Debbie Larocque earned her 20th victory of the year and her sixth in a row with a straight sets win over the Paladins' Meredith Moore, 6-3, 6-1. Wildcat junior Laresa Marino, Taylor and Pernin also logged two-set triumphs.
Furman's point came in the top singles match where Megan Dunigan topped Gough, 6-2, 7-6.
Arizona will hit the road next weekend when it travels to the Bay Area to take on Stanford on Friday, March 9, at 1:30 p.m. MST and California on Saturday, March 10, at noon MST.
1. Megan Dunigan (Furman) def. #59 Michelle Gough (UA), 6-2, 7-6
2. Debbie Larocque (UA) def. Meredith Moore (Furman), 6-3, 6-1
3. Sophie Regnier (UA) def. Gene Holman (Furman), 7-6, 3-6 (10-7)
4. Laresa Marino (UA) def. Emelie Isaksson (Furman), 6-4, 7-6
5. Perrine Pernin (UA) def. Natalie The (Furman), 6-2, 6-1
6. Brooke Taylor (UA) def. Krista Thomson (Furman), 6-3, 6-0
Doubles (Arizona wins doubles point)
1. Gough/Regnier (UA) def. Dunigan/Moore (Furman), 8-5
2. Gene Holman/The (Furman) def. Larocque/Marino (UA), 8-5
3. Pernin/Taylor (UA) def. Thomson/Cochran (Furman), 8-2