Records: Washington (15-6, 5-1), Arizona (6-9, 1-6)
SEATTLE (Apr. 6, 2001) -- No. 49 Arizona lost for the first time in 18 meetings to 22nd-ranked Washington, as the Wildcats dropped a 5-2 decision to the Huskies on Friday, April 6, at Quillian Stadium.
Doubles play continued to set the tone for the Wildcats as the Huskies won two of the three contests to capture the doubles point. UA is now 0-9 on the year when it does not earn the doubles point. Arizona's duo of junior Laresa Marino and freshman Debbie Larocque accounted for the Cats' lone doubles victory, outlasting Washington's Claire Carter and Ilona Kordonskaya, 8-6, at the No. 2 spot.
On the singles side, UA junior Sophie Regnier won her third straight match topping UW's Erin Boisclair, 4-6, 6-3, 6-3. Wildcat senior Michelle Gough snapped a season high nine match losing skid defeating Kordonskaya in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2.
At the No. 1 singles spot, Washington's eighth-ranked Kristina Kraszewski defeated Larocque, 6-2, 6-3. The 39th-ranked Carter recorded won her eighth consecutive singles contest outlasting Marino, 7-6(7), 6-4.
Arizona returns to action Saturday when it travels to Pullman, Wash. to take on Washington State at noon PDT at the WSU Tennis Courts.
1. #8 Kristina Kraszewski (UW) def. Debbie Larocque (UA), 6-2, 6-3
2. #39 Claire Carter (UW) def. Laresa Marino (UA), 7-6 (7), 6-4
3. #89 Michelle Gough (UA) def. Ilona Kordonskaya (UW), 6-4, 6-2
4. Sophie Regnier (UA) def. Erin Boisclair (UW), 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
5. Andrea Coulter (UW) def. Perrine Pernin (UA), 6-4, 6-4
6. Colleen Gray (UW) def. Joanna Buczkowska (UA), 6-1, 6-4
1. Kraszewski/Darija Klaic (UW) def. #38 Gough/Regnier (UA), 8-5
2. Larocque/Marino (UA) def. Carter/Kordonskaya (UW), 8-6
3. Boisclair/Erin Hoe (UW) def. Pernin/Buczkowska (UA), 8-0