Berkeley, CA ?- The No. 17 California women's tennis team notched their twelfth win of the season, defeating No. 49 Arizona, 6-1, at the Hellman Tennis Center. With the win, the Golden Bears improve to 12-4 overall, 2-2 Pac-10, while the Wildcats drop to 6-9 overall, 0-4 Pac-10. Arizona swept the doubles point, but lost all momentum in the match once singles play began.
The match results of the match were very similar to that of contest in Tucson, when the two teams last faced off. The only difference between the two matches is that Arizona was unable to capture a singles point on the afternoon.
The Wildcats will remain in the Bay Area to take on top-ranked Stanford on Saturday afternoon.
1. Hollands / Mlakar (UA) d. Babos / Kusano (Cal), 8-6
2. Balzert / Jakowlew (UA) d. Shu / Ravelojaona (Cal), 8-4
3. Perry / Rochefort (UA) d. Visico / Lee (Cal), 8-4
1. (Cal) #4 Suzi Babos d. (UA) Dianne Hollands, 6-1, 6-4
2. (Cal) Stephanie Kusano d. (UA) Maja Mlakar, 5-7, 6-2 (10-4)
3. (Cal) Monica Wiesener d. (UA) Kelly Perry, 6-2, 6-3
4. (Cal) Marion Ravelojaona d. (UA) Stephanie Balzert, 7-5, 7-6
5. (Cal) Jessica Shu d. (UA) Camelia Todorova, 6-0, 6-3
6. (Cal) Cristina Visico d. (UA) Kasia Jakowlew, 6-4, 6-2