Nov. 5, 2011
LOS ANGELES -
Senior diver Ben Grado (Conifer, Colo.) earned first-place finishes in every event at the USC Diving Invite in Los Angeles on Friday and Saturday.
Grado won the 3m and platform competitions on Friday and followed up with a win on the 1m on Saturday.
Freshman Josh Bidak (Phoenix, Ariz.) also had a strong showing in the men’s division, earning a second-place finish on the 3m.
On the women’s side, sophomore Samantha Pickens (Murrysville, Pa.) and Ashley Herrera (La Palma, Calif.) and senior Ainsley Oliver (Saskatchewan, Saskatoon) finished in third, fourth and fifth places, respectively, on the 3m.
“We are where we want to be, based on the time of the season,” head diving coach Michele Mitchell said. “This was a good competition and the kids did what they’ve been training to do. Everyone rose to the occasion this weekend.”
For complete results and continued coverage of Arizona Diving, visit ArizonaWildcats.com.
- Ben Grado (Arizona) 367.95
- Josh Bidak (Arizona) 314.95
- Kevin Dreesen (BYU) 314.40
- Brandon Watson (BYU) 311.15
- Carter Craft (Arizona) 278.85
- Tyler Pullen (California) 278,10
- Andres Guerra (Arizona) 270.05
- Alex Pecci (Air Force) 262.40
- Victoria Ishimatsu (USC) 333.35
- Emma Ivory-Ganja (California) 283.55
- Samantha Pickens (Arizona) 260.75
- Ashley Herrera (Arizona) 241.20
- Ainsley Oliver (Arizona) 241.20
- Stacey Luke (Fresno State) 239.60
- Roxanne Fitter (Wisconsin) 235.65
- Kelsey Heiken (California) 234.70
- Dayna Christensen (BYU) 233.10
- Kahley Rowell (California) 223.20
- Maggy Boyd (California) 210.00
- Haley Francois (BYU) 207.25