“I am very pleased with how all the girls played today,” said head coach Vicky Maes. “They responded very well and kept on track, and are reaching their goals, but there is always room for improvement.”
In doubles play, senior Stephanie Balzert and junior Juliette Mavroleon defeated Ally Muller and Nancy Mok, 8-3, in the first position. In the No. 2 slot, senior Iza Ferreira and junior Kasia Jakowlew teamed up to defeat Robin Guler and Jenna Kappel, 8-2. Junior Jessie Rochefort and freshman Tina Razloznik completed the doubles sweep of the Aggies with their 8-2 win over Audrey Wingo and Emma Shapiro.
In singles play, Balzert defeated Muller, 6-2, 6-1, in the first position to put the Wildcats second point on the board. In a super tie breaker, Danielle Steinberg beat the Aggies Guier, 5-7, 6-0, 11-2, to complete the sweep. On the next court over, Mavroleon in the number three position took down UC Davis Wingo 6-1, 6-3. After losing yesterday, Jakowlew came back with a strong win 6-0, 6-2 over UC Davis Kappel. Meanwhile, Razloznik defeated the Aggies Mok, 7-6, 6-0, and sophomore Camelia Todorova finished off the match with a victory against Yuka Otaka, 6-0, 6-1.
1. Balzert/Mavroleon (UA) def. Muller/Mok (UC Davis) 8-3
2. Jaklowlew/Ferreira (UA) def. Guler/Kappel (UC Davis) 8-2
3. Razloznik/Rochefort (UA) def. Wingo/Shapiro(UC Davis) 8-2
1. Stephanie Balzert (UA) def. Ally Muller (UC Davis) 6-2, 6-1
2. Danielle Steinberg (UA) def. Robin Guier (UC Davis) 5-7, 6-0, 11-2
3. Juliette Mavroleon (UA) def. Audrey Wingo (UC Davis) 6-1, 6-3
4. Kasia Jakowlew (UA) def. Jenna Kappel (UC Davis) 6-0, 6-2
5. Tina Razloznik (UA) def. Nacy Mok (UC Davis) 7-6, 6-0
6. Camelia Todorova (UA) def. Yuka Otaka (UC Davis) 6-0, 6-1