BERKELEY, Calif. ?- Arizona fell to No. 24 California, today at the Hellman Tennis Complex, 6-0. With the loss the Wildcats fall to 11-9 on the season and 2-4 in Pac-10 play. The Bears improve to 14-5 and 4-1 in conference play.
Arizona was unable to collect any points as California won all six singles matches in straight sets. This is the third straight loss for the Wildcats.
Next week, Arizona will wrap up its regular season schedule on Saturday, April 22, with a match at in-state rival Arizona State.
No. 24 California 6, No. 46 Arizona 0
- (11) Browne/Niland (CAL) vs Groslimond/Christen (UA) ?- DNP
- Maack/Wallace (CAL) vs Matalonga/VanderMerwe (UA) ?- DNP
- Drean/Dehaine (CAL) vs Alcala/Zimmer (UA) ?- DNP
- (11) Conor Niland (CAL) def (43) Roger Matalonga (UA) ?- 6-2, 6-3
- (98) Tyler Browne (CAL) def Jeff Groslimond (UA) ?- 6-3, 6-4
- Lennart Maack (CAL) def Claudio Christen (UA) ?- 6-3, 6-2
- Daniel Sebescen (CAL) def Bruno Alcala (UA) ?- 6-4, 4-3 ret. (inj)
- Ken Nakahara (CAL) def Jason Labrosse (UA) ?- 6-1, 6-0
- Dean Wallace (CAL) def Peter Zimmer (UA) ?- 6-4, 6-4