TUCSON, Ariz. ?C The Arizona womenˇ? tennis team lost its dual match against the No. 7 UCLA Bruins today at the LaNelle Robson Tennis Center in Tucson, Ariz.; 6-1.
In doubles, the duo of Danielle Steinberg and Claire Riestch knocked off Riza Zalameda and Anna-Viktoria Lind by a score of 8-6.
Just before the Wildcats doubles win, the Bruins captured court two with Natalia Toporowska and Katie Orletsky falling to Elizabeth Lumpkin and Stephanie Wetmore; 8-1.
Attention then shifted to court three as whoever won would receive the doubles point. The match was close but Jane Huh and Ariane Masschelein couldnˇ?t pull the comeback against Ashley Joelson and Andrea Remynse, who won 8-6. The Bruins now had the early 1-0 advantage.
The Cats struggled again today in singles play. Orletsky notched Arizonaˇ?s only win as the Bruins won five out of the six singles matches.
Arizona, facing its second ranked team in as many days, has now lost five straight matches.
Next week the Wildcats will look to get back into its winning ways as they host the Colorado Buffaloes on Friday beginning at 1:30 p.m.
?#7 UCLA 6, #52 Arizona 1
- No. 10 Riza Zalameda UCLA def. No. 60 Danielle Steinberg UA; 6-3, 6-2
- Tracy Lin UCLA def. Claire Riestch UA; 6-3, 6-4
- No. 27 Andrea Remynse UCLA def. Jane Huh UA; 6-1, 6-0
- ?Elizabeth Lumpkin UCLA def. Natalia Toporowska UA; 6-0, 7-5*
- Anna-Viktoria Lind UCLA def. Ariane Masschelein UA; 6-1, 6-3
- Katie Orletsky UA def. Stephanie Wetmore UCLA; 6-4, 6-2??????????
- Steinberg / Riestch UA def. Riza Zalameda / Anna-Viktoria Lind UCLA; 8-6
- Lumpkin / Wetmore UCLA def. Toporowska / Orletsky UA; 8-1
- Joelson / Remynse UCLA def. Huh / Masschelein UA; 8-6
Order of Finish
Doubles: 2, 1, 3
Singles: 3, 1, 4*, 6, 2, 5