Pullman, Wash. - The No.32 Arizona Wildcats (12-8, 3-2) defeated Washington State University (11-12), 5-0, Saturday. The Wildcats earned the doubles point by capturing victories at the No 1. and No. 3 positions and followed with four straight wins in singles to take a 5-0 victory.
In singles, No. 48 freshman Danielle Steinberg defeated Ekaterina Burduli 6-4, 6-4, at the one. On court two, senior Stephanie Balzert won against Washington State’s Amy Toth, 7-6, 6-2. No. 61 Juliette Mavroleon clinched the win after she defeated Aleksandra Cekic 6-2, 7-6, in the No. 3 position. On court four, junior Kasia Jakowlew defeated Marjolein van de Ven 7-6, 3-6, 1-0 (13-11).
Tina Razloznik did not finish on court five and Camelia Todorova did not play in the match.
Next week, Arizona will return home to continue Pac-10 play against No. 1 Stanford and No. 13 California next Friday and Saturday, March 14-15. The following week, the Wildcats will have their last home game and match of the season against in-state rival Arizona State.
1. Balzert/Mavroleon (UA) def. Toth Ring (WSU), 8-3
2. Burduli/van de Ven (WSU) def. Steinberg/Todorova (UA), 8-6
3. Jakowlew/Rochefort (UA) def. Cekic/Selaru (WSU), 8-3
1. # 48 Danielle Steinberg (UA) def. Ekaterina Burduli (WSU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Stephanie Balzert (UA) def. Amy Toth (WSU) 7-6, 6-2
3. # 61 Juliette Mavroleon (UA) def. Aleksandra Cekic (WSU), 6-2, 7-6
4. Kasia Jakowlew (UA) Marjolein van de Ven, 7-6, 3-6, 1-0 (13-11)
5. Tina Razloznik (UA) DNF
6. Camelia Todorova (UA) DNP
Final Score: 5-0 Arizona