March 29, 2012
Date Time Opponent Location
Tuesday, March 27 7:00 p.m. PDT Arizona 8, San Diego State 0 (five innings)
Wednesday, March 28 3:00 p.m. PDT Arizona 8, San Deigo State 6 (eight innings)
Friday, March 30 7:00 p.m. PDT No. 13 Stanford Hillenbrand Stadium
Saturday, March 31 7:00 p.m. PDT No. 13 Stanford Hillenbrand Stadium
Sunday, April 1 12:00 p.m. PDT No. 13 Stanford Hillenbrand Stadium
FOLLOW THE CATS
Online play-by-play of the games will be available at ustream.tv/channel/ua-athletics.
Live stats will be provided via GameTracker at arizonawildcats.com.
Follow Arizona Softball on Twitter (@UA_Softball) and Facebook (facebook.com/ArizonaAthletics) for game updates.
Arizona vs. Stanford All-Time:
First Competed: Last Year:
- Arizona allowed 32 runs in five games last week after giving up just 33 in its first 22 contests.
- Despite four errors last week, Arizona continues to lead the nation in fielding percentage at .984.
- Wildcat batters are hitting .461 when they lead off an inning and just .263 in all other at-bats.
- The Cats led in all four of their losses last week, NMSU 5-1 and ASU 2-0, 3-0 and 6-0.
- Arizona will be at home for a weekend for the first time in three weeks. UA has traveled to Waco, Texas (March 9-11), Fullerton (March 16-18) and Tempe (March 23-25). Despite being on the road for three straight weekends, Arizona played just five total games on the three road trips; it had six games canceled due to rain.
- Arizona and Stanford are each entering off a conference-opening sweep by their rivals. Stanford lost to Cal thrice last weekend, 9-0, 4-3 and 8-0.
- San Diego State is Arizona’s final non-conference opponent of the regular season.
- Kenzie Fowler has lost her last three decisions, all while dealing with a bout with the flu.
- Arizona is a combined 78-14-1(.842) against the week’s two opponents.