In doubles play, senior Stephanie Balzert and sophomore Juliette Mavroleon fell to Dinka Hadzic, 8-5 at the one. On court two, freshman Danielle Steinberg and sophomore Camelia Todorova defeated Washington’s Tara Simpson and Stephanie Svanfeldt, 8-4.
In singles play, No. 48 Steinberg defeated Hadzic at the one, 6-3, 6-4. On court five, freshman Tina Razloznik picked up the second point for the Wildcats after defeating Wong, 6-0 in the third set. No. 61 Mavroleon fell at the three to Simpson, 6-4, 6-4. In the number two position, Balzert defeated
On court four, Jakowlew took the victory for the Wildcats after defeating Svanfeldt 7-6, 7-5. Todorova picked up the fifth point after Allison Rainey retired in the third set.
The Wildcats will face the Washington State Cougars at noon on Saturday.
- Hadzic/Brymer (UW) def. Balzert/Mavroleon (UA) 8-5
- Steinberg/Todorova (UA) def. Simpson/Svanfeldt (UW) 8-4
- Rainey/Wong (UW) def. Jakowlew/ Rochefort (UA) 9-8 (7)
- # 48 Danielle Steinberg (UA) def. Dinka Hadzic (UW) 6-3, 6-4
- Stephanie Balzert (UA def. Victoria Brymer (UW) 7-5, 6-3
- Tara Simpson (UW) def. # 61 Juliette Mavroleon (UA) 6-4, 6-4
- Kasia Jakowlew (UA) def. Stephanie Svanfeldt (UW) 7-6, 7-5
- Tina Razloznik (UA) def. Melinda Wong (UW) 4-6, 6-0, 6-0
- Camelia Todorova (UA) def. Allison Rainey (UW) 4-6, 6-2, 5-0 ret.