Reigning Pac-10 Player of the Week Taryne Mowatt (17-4) pitched a career-high 13 innings in the victory. The sophomore gave up only one earned run, as she struck out 13 Golden Bears.
Mowatt worked out of several jams in the extra frames. Although
The game opened to the Wildcats’ advantage, with a Caitlin Lowe single and stolen base. Two outs later, Jenae Leles hit her sixth home run of the year, giving UA a 2-0 advantage.
The Wildcat offense rapped out 11 hits, but did not score again until the top of the 13th, when Fox cracked her ninth homer of the year, scoring Autumn Champion.
- Last year, UA’s only victory against
- Kristie Fox now has nine home runs. She finished with nine in each of the last two years.
- Caitlin Lowe stole her 95th career base in the first inning.
- UA is 22-4 in games in which it homers
- The Wildcats are 2-2 in extra-inning games this year.
- This is the second time this year that Kristie Fox has home runs in consecutive games.
- Jenae Leles’ first-inning home run was her first hit in 10 at-bats.
Up next: The Wildcats wrap up play in the Bay Area with a 1 p.m. contest against