On Saturday, ASU won the doubles point by taking all three matches. The Devils' No. 16 tandem of Celena McCoury/Mhairi Brown rallied after trailing early to defeat Arizona's Michelle Gough/Sophie Regnier on the No. 1 court, 8-5. The Wildcats' No. 36 Debbie Larocque and Laresa Marino fell to Megan Yeats and Cindy Sureephong on the No. 2 court, 8-3. ASU's Yeats and Sureephong finished the season 19-3 in dual action and 10-3 in Pac-10 doubles play. On the No. 3 court, ASU's duo of Adria Engel and Faye DeVera, downed UA's Perrine Pernin and Joanna Buczkowska, 8-2, to finish undefeated in their matches as a No. 3 team (4-0).
In singles action, the Wildcats came off the court first, with a No. 2 singles win when Regnier defeated Senior Karin Palme, 6-2, 6-3. However, the Devils came back strong with wins on the No. 3 and 4 courts, highlighting senior DeVera's last home match with a win over Gough in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2. ASU's Engle also tallied a defeat with her match against Larocque on the No. 1 court, 6-3, 7-5. The Wildcats did finish strong with a win on the No. 5 court when Pernin def. Brown in a tough match, 6-4, 4-6, T 10-6.
The Devils and Wildcats will begin Pac-10 Championship action this coming week from April 26-29. Further information will be posted as it becomes announced.
1. (16) McCoury/Brown (ASU) def. Gough/Regnier (UA), 8-5
2. Yeats/Sureephong (ASU) def. (36) Larocque/Marino (UA), 8-3
3. DeVera/Engel (ASU) def. Pernin/Buczkowska (UA), 8-2
1. (5) Adria Engel (ASU) def. Debbie Larocque (UA), 6-3, 7-5
2. Sophie Regnier (UA) def. Karin Palme (ASU), 6-2, 6-3
3. (76) Megan Yeats (ASU) def. Laresa Marino (UA), 6-2, 6-2
4. Faye DeVera (ASU) def. (100) Michelle Gough (UA), 6-4, 6-2
5. Perrine Pernin (UA) def. Mhairi Brown (ASU), 6-4, 4-6, T 10-6
6. Cindy Sureephong (ASU) def. Joanna Buczkowska (UA), default