“It seems like every round we play there is always one person to step up for us,” head coach Greg Allen said. “The problem is that we need all of our players to step up for the same round.”
Stepping up for the Wildcats in round two was freshman Sommer Scholl. After shooting a +18 (89) in round one, Scholl came out in round two and shot an E (71), her career low as a Wildcat.
“I didn’t even think Sommer was going to be able to play today due to the tendentious in her elbow and wrist,” Allen said. “To see her fight through the pain and put up the numbers that she did today really shows me that she’s a great competitor.”
Senior Cassandra Kirkland and freshman Lauren Espinosa find themselves tied for 35th place after round two.
The Cats tee off tomorrow at for the third and final round of the Stanford-Pepsi Women’s Intercollegiate.
Top 5 Teams
1. Duke -5 (563) T35. Lauren Espinosa +7 (149)
2. USC +8 (576) T35. Cassandra
3. UCLA +10 (578) T47. Amanda Wilson +9 (151)
4. Pepperdine +13 (581) T68. Lani Elston-Marshall +13 (155)
5. UNLV +14 (582) T85. Sommer Scholl +18 (160)