TUCSON, Ariz. ?- The No. 50 Wildcats (7-11, 1-6) took all three doubles matches and six singles matches to score a 7-0 win over No. 68 Washington State (9-11, 0-6). The win is Arizona’s first conference victory in seven matches, as well as the last home match of the year.
No. 32 seniors Dianne Hollands and Maja Mlakar defeated Orsolya Sallai and Chris Martinez, 8-2, to lead the Cats to a doubles sweep.
In singles play, No. 40 Hollands won a marathon of a match over Ekaterina Burdiuli, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), in the first position to seal the match. That was the only three-set match of the day, as the Wildcats took care of the Cougars in prompt fashion in all other matches.
Arizona next plays at Arizona State April 16 to conclude the regular season. Today’s match extended UA’s winning streak over Washington State to four matches.
No. 50 Arizona 7, No. 68 Washington State 0
1. No. 32 Mlakar/Hollands (UA) def. Sallai/Martinez (WSU) 8-2
2. Jakowlew/Rochefort (UA) def. Burduli/Gaal (WSU) 8-5
3. Perry/Todorova (UA) def. Toth/Stefanova (WSU) 8-1
- No. 40 Dianne Hollands (UA) def. Ekatrina Burduli (WSU) 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (7-5)
- No. 87 Maja Mlakar (UA) def. Orsolya Sallai (WSU) 6-1, 6-0
- Kelly Perry (UA) def. Chris Martinez (WSU) 6-2, 6-2
- Kasia Jakowlew (UA) def. Nora Gaal (WSU) 6-2, 6-2
- Camelia Todorova (UA) def. Amy Toth (WSU) 7-6, 6-3
Jessie Rochefort (UA) def. Aleksandra Stefanova (WSU) 6-2, 6-2