April 11, 2003
TUCSON, Ariz. - The No. 39 Arizona women's tennis team fell to top-ranked Stanford on Friday, 1-6. The loss saw the Cats fall to 7-11, and 1-10 in the Pac-10.
In doubles play, sophomore Maja Mlakar teamed up with graduate student Emilie Scribot in the No. 1 spot, but fell to Stanford's Lauren Barnikow and Erin Burdette, 8-6. In the second spot, junior Debbie Larocque and freshman Kristy Randono were defeated by Alice Barnes and Amber Liu, 8-6. The Wildcat duo of sophomores Dianne Hollands and Kelly Perry claimed the only Arizona doubles win of the match in the third spot, downing Story Tweedie-Yates and Emilia Anderson, 8-5.
In singles play, No. 10 Scribot tallied the only singles win for the Arizona, upsetting No. 4 Liu in the top position, 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.
The Wildcats will compete in their last home match of the regular season when they take on California Saturday at noon at the LaNelle Robson Tennis Center.
1. #10 Emilie Scribot (UA) def. #4 Amber Liu (Stan.), 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
2. #14 Lauren Barnikow (Stan.) def. #50 Maja Mlakar (UA), 6-3, 6-0
3. #35 Erin Burdette (Stan.) def. #52 Dianne Hollands (UA), 7-6, 4-6, 10-8
4. #9 Alice Barnes (Stan.) def. Debbie Larocque (UA), 6-3, 6-3
5. Emilia Anderson (Stan.) def. Kelly Perry (UA), 6-3, 6-4
6. Story Tweedie-Yates (Stan.) def. Zorica Zasova (UA), 6-3, 6-2
1. Barnikow/Burdette (Stan.) def. Mlakar/Scribot (UA), 8-6
2. Barnes/Liu (Stan.) def. Larocque/Randono (UA), 8-6
3. Hollands/Perry (UA) def. Tweedie-Yates/Anderson (Stan.), 8-5