March 5, 2013
Key Parking Information for Saturday, March 9
Tucson Festival of Books will close Cherry Ave.
Due to the Tucson Festival of Books event on Saturday, March 9 (which is held on the University of Arizona mall) parking on campus for the Arizona/ASU men’s basketball game and the Arizona/Boise State softball doubleheader will be impacted. Please make plans to arrive to campus early if you are attending one of these events.
Men’s Basketball vs. ASU
- Cherry Ave. will be closed to vehicle traffic near 2 St.nd
- Fans who normally enter the Cherry Garage from South Cherry Ave. are advised to take one of the following alternative routes to enter the garage:
- Campbell Ave. to Enke Dr. to Cherry Ave.
- 6th Ave. to National Championship Dr.
- Highland Ave. to 4th St. to Cherry Ave.
- Regular gameday basketball parking for season pass holders and paid lots/garages will not be impacted, though please arrive early as traffic around the UA campus is expected to be more congested than a typical Saturday afternoon.
Softball vs. Boise State
- Parking lots near Hillenbrand Stadium will be reserved for the men’s basketball game until 3:30 p.m.
- Cherry Ave. will be closed to vehicle traffic near 2nd St.
- Fans wanting to arrive early for the softball game are encourage to park in the lots north of Speedway Blvd.