We have many traditions, but bad sportsmanship isn't one of them.
One of the primary goals of the University of Arizona Athletics Department is to promote first-class conduct at each of our athletics events. It is important that coaches, players, staff, spirit groups, students and fans represent the University in a positive manner at all times.
The following Bear Down with Pride sportsmanship guidelines were created to promote and maintain a safe, comfortable, and family-friendly experience at each Arizona Athletics venue:
- Expect and encourage good displays of sportsmanship from fellow fans.
- Respect all staff, fans, officials, student-athletes and opposing teams.
- Cheer, show your UA pride, and be loud in a respectful manner.
- Antagonizing or taunting others is not the same as cheering.
- Refrain from unruly actions or behaviors.
- Drink responsibly when choosing to consume alcoholic beverages prior to an athletic event.
- Respect all facility regulations and comply with public address announcements.
Fans must adhere to the Bear Down with Pride sportsmanship guidelines or they will be subject to removal without refund, and ticket renewal privileges may be revoked. Threatening, intimidating or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Intervention with impaired, intoxicated or underage guests will be handled in a prompt and safe manner. Those appearing intoxicated will be denied entry or will be subject to ejection.
On behalf of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and your fellow Wildcat fans, thank you for your cooperation.
Bear Down With Pride!