ZonaZoo Men's Basketball Distribution Policy
CLICK HERE TO RESERVE YOUR BASKETBALL ADMISSION >>
Admission for all sports is not guaranteed and is available on a first come, first serve, general admission basis.
Football admissions are not guaranteed, and are limited to the first 10,000 students in attendance.
Men's Basketball admissions are not guaranteed. The first 2,290 students (approx.) to reserve their admission online for each game will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. You must be a ZonaZoo "Red" member to reserve men's basketball tickets. If you are not currently a "Red" member, please visit arizonawildcats.com or call (520) 621-CATS to purchase or upgrade your ZonaZoo membership.
2. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions below to familiarize yourself with the system.
3. Click on the ZonaZoo men's basketball distribution schedule to view when games you are interested in attending become available. Games become available at 10:00am on the Sunday prior to the game, unless otherwise noted.
5. Click on the "Reserve your Basketball Admission" link at the top of this page.
6. You will need to register your online account if it is your first time on the online ticket system. (All current students have a ticket account under their student ID number). Do not create a new account as this will not be linked to the student system.
7. Enter your Student ID # and verify your information.
8. Follow the steps to reserve the game(s) you plan to attend. The last step will provide a confirmation that your Cat Card has been activated with the game(s) you chose. You must "Finalize Your Reservation" to activate your card for that game.
9. You will also receive a confirmation email.
10. Bring your Cat Card to game. Your Cat Card is your ticket and will be swiped at the ZonaZoo entrance to verify that you reserved an admission for the respective game.
11. ZonaZoo members with activated Cat Cards may begin lining up 4 hours prior to game time.
12. ZonaZoo entrance will open 2 hours prior to game time.
Transfer my admission here
Penalty System Process
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to reserve my admission before the game I want to attend?
Games become available at 10:00am on the Sunday prior to that game, unless otherwise noted. You may reserve your admission up until game time, or until all admissions have been activated. Admission is not guaranteed.
What if I reserve an admission for a game and then realize I am not able to attend?
Your only option is to transfer your admission to another "Red" ZonaZoo member. View the transfer policy. Otherwise you will receive a strike as part of the Penalty System. Please plan accordingly. If you have an extenuating circumstance (ie. death in the family, injury or illness), you may submit a waiver request to the ZonaZoo Director at email@example.com.
Why do we have a penalty system?
In order to accurately predict how many ZonaZoo members will be attending each game, we have implemented this system. This policy allows us to accommodate the general public by selling any unclaimed student seats for each game and making the best effort to fill all the seats.
What if I arrive at the game and have not activated my Cat Card for that game, can I still be admitted?
At this time, your only option is to purchase a ticket as a member of the general public. Please plan accordingly.
What games are part of the Holiday pack and what is the Holiday Pack?
The Holiday Pack includes the home games over the Winter Break and are not included in the ZonaZoo pass. 2012-13 Holiday Pack games include:
Florida - Dec 15
Oral Roberts - Dec 18
Colorado - Jan 3
Utah - Jan 5
The Holiday Pack games are not part of the ZonaZoo membership, but may be purchased separately. ZonaZoo members will be given an exclusive window to purchase the Holiday Pack before they go on sale to the general public. Full Holiday Packs cost $40 for ZonaZoo members. ZonaZoo members may also purchase these four games individually for only $15 each. There is a limit of one ticket at the student rate. Holiday Packs may be purchased online, over the phone at 520-621-CATS (2287), or in person at the McKale .